Second favorite was definitely the Big Beef Burger Stack-Ups, followed by the Balsamic-Glazed Pork Chops. Neither of us liked the Chicken Schnitzel, and we agreed that the Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry was better the second night after sitting around in the sauce all day. Funny how that can help...
I'm really excited about this next week because Matt bought me a Slap Chop. It will definitely go to good use. After a week of chopping onions, ginger, parsley, cilantro...I'm ready for a nifty kitchen gadget. The menu this upcoming week includes the Beef Teriyaki in addition to Crispy Rosemary-Orange Chicken and Chipotle Chicken Rolls with Avocado Dipping Sauce. I'm also planning to make ice cream out of goat milk this weekend. I'm really excited about it - especially since I've been craving a milkshake for almost a month!
So my life in the last couple of weeks hasn't revolved around food completely. Other recent updates include (in reverse chronological order):
- Seis de Mayo party! Our life group (small group) had fun celebrating Seis de Mayo with a Mexican potluck today because it was more convenient with our schedules. Matt and I were bringing the beverages and we found a recipe for virgin sangrias which meant we needed something to put it in...so Matt bought one of those summer-y pitcher things I'd looked at several times we were at Fred Meyer but couldn't justify buying. It was on sale and we needed it, so the buying was justified :)
- Dollhouse & Bones - I recently got into these shows thanks to the Netflix Instant Queue. Dollhouse is slightly addictive...I went through almost the entire first season within a week. Sadly the last episode is available on disc only, but the good news is it arrived in the mail today! I also started watching Bones. Not nearly as addictive, but the first few episodes have been fun so far. It's nice to watch when I feel like watching TV for about an hour without committing to a full movie.
- Reuse Fair - Last weekend we helped out at the Community Garage Sale and Reuse Fair. With about 200 vendors, there were a lot of people selling stuff! After the fair ended, vendors had the option to donate their stuff to the Goodwill truck on-site. There was a LOT of stuff leftover. We stuck around to help load the two trucks and filled them completely. There was another truckload and a half leftover that we put aside for the Goodwill to pick up on Monday. As tired as I was from hauling boxes, bags and coffee tables the next day, I had fun helping out.
- Girls' Night - A couple of my friend's friends also came into town last weekend for a wedding, so she invited me to come hang out and watch girly movies with them. I forgot how much I like Ever After. It's just a really good story. I know it's Cinderella, but I like they way it's told and the various liberties they take. While there, I also learned how to play a new card game, and there were freshly baked chocolate chip cookies so I was a very happy camper. Mmmm....cookies.
- Dinner & Games - Last week we had another young couple from church come over for dinner and games. We had a lot of fun - they have tons of games that were quite entertaining, including the Newlywed Game and Scene It. Matt and I lost at the Newlywed Game, but in our defense they've been married about a year longer. That and Matt should have read my mind better...haha. Scene It was really fun, too. I was so close to beating Matt. I made it into the inner circle first, but he got the answers correct first and therefore won :( We still had fun, though.