Saturday, May 15, 2010

Nothing In Particular...

This is me blogging late at night. Again. At least I don't need to be anywhere before 11am tomorrow, right? That's gotta count for something...

It's funny, I was talking to Matt about what to blog about because I felt like blogging but couldn't think of anything to write about. He said to just write a post about how I have nothing to write. According to my dad, that would mean I'm not thinking, right? He used to always say, "If you don't know what Emily is thinking, you must not be paying attention." Yes, I was a talkative child. I'm still talkative. Although talking and writing are two different things...


It's funny, I've always enjoyed writing. I've just never known what to write (probably one of the reasons I like my job - I'm told what to write about and take it from there). Every time I get a new journal or notebook I want to write in it, but I don't usually have much to commit to paper. Maybe that's because I'd already said everything I felt like sharing...? I guess that's the case here, too. Matt gets to hear everything I'm thinking, so a lot of it doesn't make it to my blog. I think that's probably a good thing, though. I've never been one to bear my heart and soul publicly - especially on the Internet.


I've actually written quite a bit considering I didn't have anything to say when I started typing. Must be the late hour. Helps me ramble. I'm sure you're overjoyed :)



Completely new topic: Owl City. I'm a fan. We bought the Ocean Eyes CD about a month ago and haven't listened to anything else in the car since then. Plus we both listen to it around the apartment, too. With catchy tunes and lyrics that are solid and fun, it's definitely a winner in my book. Matt and I have slightly different taste in music, too, so it's nice when we find something we both like.



Another new topic: Beard to the Future.This was fun and completely random. A not-extremely-long story even shorter: @ and @ were talking about beards on Twitter and Back to the Future came up. Of course the proper response was to begin quoting lines inserting 'beard' in wherever possible...and create a website about it. Here are a few of my favorites:

  • Linda McFly: That was so STUPID! GRANDPA hit him with the BEARD! 
  • Marty: Helloooooo? Um…sorry about your beard… (shotgun blast) 
  • Lorraine: I’ve never seen a purple beard before, Calvin.
  • Doc: Please excuse the crudity of this beard, I didn’t have time to groom it or trim it to scale.

Check out the full site for all the quotes in chronological order.

Well, now that I've written a full post about a few random things and, well, nothing in particular...I'm off!

No comments:

Post a Comment