Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Healing and Rowing

It amazes me how the human body can heal. I mean, with all the crazy science and inventions, there's nothing that can repair itself the way a body can. I was reminded of that this past weekend when my lips got burned and then started to peel (gross, right?). And then I was reminded again this morning when I ripped some skin off my hand at practice to form a new blister in my palm (even grosser, right?). Can you imagine how terrible it would be if even minor things like blisters and chapped lips didn't heal?


So why did my lips get burned this past weekend? Because I was outside in the sun! Normally this isn't an exciting thing for me as I much prefer clouds and rain, but I do like calm weather when it comes to regattas. Our club had a good showing (at least the Masters team did). I was in two races in which we got 1st in one (women's 4+) and 2nd in the other (women's 8+), and our mixed 8+ got 3rd in their race (although I wasn't in that boat). It was a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment