Friday, October 21, 2011

You Can Call Me...Four Eyes!

Okay, here's a confession: I've kind of always wanted glasses. I mean, I'm sure I probably would've hated them as a child, but I like all the different types of cute frames, and it seems like everyone else had them (I tend to be a bit of a sheep sometimes). I even remember this one time I was at the glasses store with a friend of mine in elementary school, and I got so excited when her mom told me I could try on the frames.

Well, I went to the optometrist a little while ago because I noticed it was kind of hard to read things in the distance (street signs, posted menus, etc), and he said I needed glasses. So last week Matt went with me to pick out my first pair, and they came in a few days ago! I really like the two-tone design. What do you think?

It's amazing how much of a difference they make. My vision isn't terrible; I can still legally drive without glasses, but when I put them on it's like the whole world is in HD. I've always liked how pretty everything looks this time of year with the leaves changing color, the constant drizzle and the way certain colors just pop. It's even better, now! Now that everything is crystal clear it's like the colors are even more vibrant and alive. I wonder if there's some scientific reason for that...anyone know?

1 comment: