Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Changed Plans

This past week was going to be awesome. It was going to include scoring tons of adorable baby clothes at a fantastic price, dinner with one of my best friends and her husband, a baby shower, a visit from a friend from Jr. High and then a trip to the zoo. At least that was the plan...until I threw out my back hours before the baby clothes sale. It was bad. I could barely walk.

So instead my week was spent alternating between lying down and walking around, and disappointing a 16-month-old that kept running up to mommy, expecting to be held. Needless to say, I was disappointed too.

I don't know why this happened this weekend instead of one where I didn't have any plans. But I thought it might help to make a list of the positive things about the situation:

  1. I have a husband that was able to pick up the figurative balls I could no longer carry.
  2. Because I was anticipating a busy weekend, I had worked ahead enough that I was able to finish up my work in a decent amount of time, despite it taking twice as long.
  3. I live in a time and place with chiropractors, Advil and ice packs.
  4. My friend from Jr. High was still able to visit, even though we need to hang around the house more than either of us originally planned. We were able to get out a bit, although our trips included finding spots for me to lie down for a few minutes every once in a while.
  5. My friend that was visiting was also able to help with various lifting tasks associated with childcare when Matt went back to work on Monday.
  6. The little one has been sleeping through the night decently well.
  7. Matt bought Frozen because he knew I wasn't feeling well and I wanted to see it again (and he had a gift card for Target). As an added bonus, the little one loved it too.
  8. By the time I really needed to do the childcare thing on my own I was recovered enough to not further injure myself.
  9. My boss was very understanding about me working a little less efficiently as I took more breaks to stand up and walk around, refresh my ice pack, go to the chiropractor, etc.
  10. I'll be able to reschedule pretty much everything I had to cancel with the exception of the clothes sale, and to be honest we have what we really need at this point.
So I guess the timing isn't too horrible...I was really disappointed all the fun things I planned this past week didn't work out, but at least I'll get to do them another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment