Saturday, October 24, 2009

Bill Cosby

"The networks say they don’t influence anybody. If that’s true, why do they have commercials? Why am I sitting there with Jell-O brand pudding?"
- Bill Cosby

That is my all-time favorite quote. Earlier today, Matt and I watched a previously recorded "Tonight Show with Jay Leno" from February in which Bill Cosby was a guest. I have a lot of respect for Bill Cosby. He is a funny comedian that hasn't sunken to crude jokes to get people to laugh. Matt and I watched "Bill Cosby: Himself" on Netflix a while ago, and we were laughing so hard. Although it's over 25 years old, it's still hilarious.


The Cosby Show is probably my favorite sitcom, too. Some of the later shows aren't quite as funny, but the early ones are fantastic. I think what makes the show so great is that the content is something everyone can identify with and it doesn't sink to sex jokes/cheap shots. My favorite part is it shows a positive example of a husband and wife that love each other and their kids, and are more concerned with teaching them what they need to learn as opposed to giving into everything they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment