Monday, October 19, 2009

Goodbye Uncle Al

The world lost a great man yesterday. We knew it was coming, but that doesn't make it any easier...especially considering the speed of the loss. Less than a year ago he seemed fine. He was making jokes and giving advice like he always did. Even a few months ago, despite the quick onset of physical limitations, he still had his fun sense of humor and wise insight to offer. 

It was hard when my grandma passed away a few years ago, but it didn't seem as harsh. She had lived a full life. At over 80 years old, she had seen both of her children happily marry and have kids, and all four of her grandchildren were old enough (the youngest was 17) to know her and remember her well. I know God's timing is perfect, but this time it doesn't feel so ideal.

As much as I'll miss my uncle, I know he's going to be missed much more by others. I pray that God provides comfort to his wife, kids, mom, brothers, sister and close friends. I know we'll never know why God chose to take him yesterday, but at least we can be assured that he's no longer in pain...and that there is a reason God chose to do it this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment