Sunday, September 5, 2010

Recent Thoughts

In my last post I mentioned I decided to do a photo a day again this year. You can see all my pictures at http://365project.org/eksidley/365, but I'll post a few highlights here, too. Here are a couple:


September 2, 2010

September 5, 2010

So I've been converted to Google Chrome. It wasn't intentional, but last week Firefox randomly wouldn't work and, after complaining about it online, I was reminded of Chrome. After downloading it and trying it out for a few days, I have to say it's now my browser of choice (although I still like Firefox much better than Explorer). It has a lighter feel, probably because it doesn't have as many customization options. It also runs faster throughout my average workday. Firefox had a tendency to freeze up around 5pm (inconvenient and frustrating as I tend to work until 6pm). I thought it was simply the Internet since that was a time most of our neighbors were likely getting home from work and hopping online, but Chrome didn't freeze up at all, rendering me much less frustrated by the end of the day.

I've also been watching The West Wing again. Last year I talked Matt into watching it with me and we made it to the 5th season...and then lost all motivation. It's hard to power through the rough patch left when Aaron Sorkin left the show! Well, I ditched Matt, but I made it through and have thoroughly enjoyed watching seasons 6 and 7 (although I still have the last 2 discs of season 7 left). There are a lot of things that happen that I completely forgot about, and it's fun to see how much my understanding of the world has grown since it originally aired! 

On that note, I have laundry to fold.

No comments:

Post a Comment