Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Ice Cream = Good?

This might come as a surprise to those of you that don't know my mother, but I grew up in a family that appreciated ice cream. Yes, I am allergic to milk so I myself don't indulge in the deliciously creamy dessert often, but I know the best brand to buy, the delight that can be found in a hot fudge sundae, and the sorrow of a milkshake that's disappointingly too thin.

I know this sounds like it's out of left field, but bear with me. My all-time favorite cuisine is Japanese. Don't get me wrong, I love all types of food, but there's something about chicken teriyaki that is so wonderfully amazing. If I had to pick one food to live off of for the rest of my life I would select chicken teriyaki in a heartbeat, and probably gorge myself every meal until I began to take it for granted.

So, knowing how ice cream is to be appreciated, and the wonderful deliciousness that hails from the Japanese tradition, one might think that combining ice cream and Japanese flavors would be good. Well, maybe. Who Sucks posted an article about 101 Frightening Ice Cream Flavors from Around the World - many of which are from Japan. It includes flavors like Octopus Ice Cream, Ox Tongue Ice Cream, Fried Eggplant Ice Cream, Raw Horseflesh Ice Cream...you get the point. You can check out the full article here.

Note to self: double check flavor choice should you choose to order ice cream in Japan.


Photo Credit: CeresB

No comments:

Post a Comment