Sunday, August 7, 2011

A Great Wedding

Matt and I spent most of this past weekend up in Seattle for my friend's wedding. In case you were wondering, I had a lot of fun. In addition to getting to celebrate one of my best friends marrying a really great guy, I got to see friends from college I haven't seen for a while.

I loved pretty much everything about my friend's wedding. She was an absolutely beautiful bride. The ceremony was a combination of a traditional Lutheran service and personal touches (mostly through music); the pastor's homily included a few personal touches as well.


The reception was at a nearby Sons of Norway hall, which is pretty much awesome in itself. In addition to that, they had Kransekake, a traditional Norwegian cake, plus strawberry shortcake. Before dessert, though, we were given the chance to eat our fill of delicious appetizers, pizza, a pasta dish and chicken.

All three toasts were great. I especially liked how her sisters tag-teamed it, and how a friend from college used pictures to make her toast even better.

Another fun part of the reception was a photo booth they had set up, complete with ridiculous costumes for guests to wear. What a fun idea! One of my favorite accouterments was the bicycle helmet we spray-painted gold back in college when we dressed up for the midnight premiere of Star Wars Episode III.


And then there was the dancing. This wedding would not have been complete without a fair share of dancing, and it did not disappoint. In addition to the standard couples dances and the mixture of crowd favorites and slow songs, there were a few songs that required specific dance moves; I love how everyone joined in. On those specific songs, the entire dance floor was mirroring each other: scooping up salmon, jumping in the line, etc.


All in all, a great wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment