Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Attitude is Important

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


I think that’s one of my favorite Bible verses. Granted there are a LOT of good ones, but I like that it actually spells out three things to keep doing over and over:

  1. Be joyful
  2. Pray
  3. Give thanks

I had these on my mind this morning when I woke up to go to crew. I didn’t want to go because I knew we’d be erging (using the rowing machines), which I really didn’t feel like doing. As I was getting ready to go, with a very bad attitude of course, I realized that going through the motions was only a part of the task. I wasn’t grateful or joyful, and my prayers were definitely full of complaints. That realization, coupled with the decision to enjoy myself, made the morning (and the whole day) so much better! Yes, we had to erg, but we got to do shorter sprint pieces (the type of workout I prefer) and I was able to enjoy the company of my teammates and coach. Overall, I would say I had a good morning – all because I chose to follow God’s instructions!

No comments:

Post a Comment